Alonzo King LINES Ballet of San Francisco is a celebrated contemporary ballet company that has been guided since 1982 by its uniquely global artistic vision. Collaborating with noted composers, musicians, and visual artists, Alonzo King creates works that draw on a diverse set of deeply rooted cultural traditions and imbue classical ballet with new expressive potential.
Alonzo King LINES Ballet continues its commitment to dance education and community involvement through the LINES Ballet School, the Joint BFA Program in Dance with Dominican University of California, and the LINES Dance Center, one of the largest dance facilities on the West Coast.
We seek out talented and energetic people to join our company and to help us to engage our audiences and to serve our constituencies. We offer an excellent benefits package for our regular full-time employees, including a 100% Employer paid health plan, voluntary dental and 403(b), commuter benefits, paid time off, and dance classes.
Title: Development Manager
Reports To: Development Director
40+ hours per week, Monday – Friday
Nights and weekends sometimes required
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Development Manager is an integral member of the development team at Alonzo King LINES Ballet. This position requires a strong understanding of fundraising practices and principals, knowledge of the Bay Area arts funding community, and a high level of attention to detail combined with the ability to be flexible, take initiative, and work collaboratively.
• Work in collaboration with Development Director to develop, manage, and execute fundraising strategies, work plans, and calendars
• Responsible for all individual giving programs, including direct mail and email appeals, prospect research, benefit fulfillment, and donor stewardship
• Participate in the development, planning, and execution of special events (e.g. open rehearsals, season events, donor receptions, and the annual gala)
• Create donor cultivation, solicitation, and acknowledgement correspondence and draft copy for monthly newsletters, event invitations, and brochures
• Manage all functions of Raiser’s Edge, including gift processing, list generation using queries and exports, imports of patron information, and reporting
• Create and implement processes that ensure accurate and up-to-date gift processing, gift entry, records management, and donor acknowledgements
• Produce targeted mailing lists for appeals, invitation mailings, and season brochures
• Work closely with marketing staff to produce printed materials related to fundraising (e.g. invitations, donor brochures, season materials)
• Process season ticket orders for board members, Inner Circle donors, and VIP guests
• Work with the finance department to complete the monthly reconciliation
• Minimum two years nonprofit development experience, including annual campaigns, events, and database management
• Proficient Raiser’s Edge skills essential
• Proficient Excel and Word skills essential
• Outstanding communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail critical
• Works under pressure to meet organizational needs and deadlines
• Experience working in a team environment
• Must be able to work flexible hours when needed
• Passionate about Alonzo King LINES Ballet’s mission and impact