Out of care and concern for our dance community of staff, teachers, and students, masks will continue to be required for every person who enters the LINES Dance Center. We appreciate your support of this policy that benefits us all.
Proof of full vaccination is required to enter the LINES Dance Center. All religious and medical exemptions must be approved by HR prior to entrance. Please reach out to email@example.com with documentation relating to religious or medical exemptions.
We began a gradual reopening of our dance studios at 26 Seventh Street, San Francisco, on July 5, 2021. This process is starting with an initial schedule of limited-capacity in-person Dance Center classes, which will grow to incorporate more offerings over the summer. Please see below for a breakdown of our plans outlined by program.
LINES Dance Center’s Open Adult Classes: Limited-capacity in-person classes began on July 5, with some classes continuing solely online or in a hybrid format. The setup of each class is informed by the desires of the teacher to ensure a safe and effective learning environment. Please visit our Dance Center webpage for instructions on attending an in-person class. We are so excited to welcome students back!
Dance for Parkinson’s Disease: Currently offered free of charge virtually through Zoom.
LINES Ballet Summer Program: The 2021 Summer Program has concluded. Details regarding the 2022 Summer Program will be announced in late 2021.
LINES Ballet Training Ground: The Fall Season (September 7 – December 17) will be held online via Zoom. Registration is open.
LINES Ballet Training Program: Anticipated to be held in-person for the 2021-22 year. Auditions have closed.
LINES Ballet BFA Program: Anticipated to be held in-person for the 2021-22 year. Applications have closed.
Teens at LINES: Our Teens Program returns to the studios this Fall with three levels of training for ages 11-17. An online track is available for dancers who would like to study remotely. Registration is open!
Kids at LINES: Kids dance classes continue online this fall from September 8-December 18. Registration is open.
Company Performances: The Company has returned to touring, with domestic performances starting in June 2021 and an international tour beginning in November 2021.
All of LINES Ballet’s onsite staff and teachers are fully vaccinated. They are adhering to the following Onsite Safety Policies and we ask that all visitors do the same:
ONSITE SAFETY POLICIES:
– PROVIDE PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION (starting August 20, 2021) – All visitors are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (“fully vaccinated” means two weeks after completion of the recommended vaccination series). Education and Community Program students should reference instructions provided by their respective program coordinators. Dance Center participants must provide proof of vaccination upon checking in for their activity at the Dance Center’s 5th floor front desk. Acceptable proof of vaccination includes the CDC vaccination card, a physical or digital copy or picture of that card, documentation from a healthcare provider, or a personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California or by an approved private company. Once you have provided proof to the Dance Center staff, they will make a note in our system for your future visits.
– WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES – All visitors must wear a mask securely over their nose and mouth while onsite. This is required regardless of vaccination status. Extra masks are available at the 5th floor Dance Center front desk.
– REDUCE CROWDING – Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your class’s start time to aid the flow of traffic through the building. LINES Dance Center reserves the right to deny entry to any person who arrives late for a class. Please exit the building in a timely manner after your class ends.
– WASH YOUR HANDS – Wash your hands frequently with soap, or use hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you travel to the building via public transportation, please sanitize your hands upon arrival.
– BE MINDFUL OF YOUR BELONGINGS – Please bring only what you need and can store in designated areas such as lockers and cubbies. Leave valuables at home. Please refrain from eating in the building.
– TRACK YOUR SYMPTOMS & EXPOSURE – Do not visit the premises if you have a fever or do not feel well, have traveled internationally within the past 14 days, have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Visitors who do not adhere to these policies will be asked to leave the space. Our policies are subject to change based on guidance from the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Policies will be re-evaluated and adjusted as necessary on a regular cadence.
LINES Dance Center is taking many precautions to ensure a safe environment, including:
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check this webpage for any updates regarding our reopening plans and COVID-19 safety policies. The “Last Updated” date at the top of the page will indicate when the information was last refreshed. We also encourage subscribing to the LINES Dance Center email list for announcements.
26 Seventh Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA
Telephone: 415.863.3040 x221
The LINES Dance Center is located at Seventh & Market in the historic Odd Fellows building. It is less than a block from the Civic Center/UN Plaza BART and MUNI station and the many Market Street bus lines.
In May 2021, Mayor London Breed announced a “Mid-Market Vibrancy and Safety Plan”, which is aimed at creating a safer environment in our neighborhood. Currently in effect, this plan includes an increased police presence combined with community ambassadors to cover every block of the area from Powell Station (5th Street) to 8th Street on Market Street and adjacent areas just south of Market Street, UN Plaza, and the Tenderloin blocks bordered by Larkin Street and Eddy Street. For your safety, please continue to be alert and aware of your surroundings when traveling through the area.
You and your bike are welcome at the Dance Center. You can safely lock up your bike at our 4th floor bike racks.
SOMA Grand Parking Garage
1160 Mission between 7th & 8th
The City Park Lot
1054 Mission between 6th & 7th (next to Court of Appeals)
The Civic Center Garage
355 McAllister (beneath Civic Center Plaza)
Limited but available during the day for one hour intervals. After 6pm, these spaces are free and unlimited.
Alonzo King LINES Ballet strives to create an environment that is accessible to the entire community and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of physical or mental disability, race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All LINES Dance Center studios are accessible via an operated elevator. Please contact LINES Dance Center staff at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding physical accessibility accommodations for students.