Study the Alonzo King HeART with LINES Curriculum, a movement-centered approach to integrated learning encouraging play, diversity, and artistry in the everyday experience of students. This year we are drawing on our theme of Lineage and Legacy: Teaching where we come from and where we’re going.
Ideal for dance artists, recent graduates and practicing teaching artists seeking to expand their skills, the Summer Dance Teaching Artist Exchange will focus on best practices for teaching academically integrated dance to Pre-K through 12th grade students in school and recreational settings. The Exchange experience includes:
• Grade-level workshops co-led by HeART with LINES faculty
• Movement classes taught by the world-renowned LINES Dance Center faculty
• Moderated Q&A with Alonzo King
• Special sessions include:
– Ballet in Recreational Settings
– Art and Artifacts: Inspirations for Making Movement
– Build it Up/Break It Down: Co-Creating with Students of All Levels
• Panel discussion on this year’s theme:
Lineage and Legacy: Teaching, where we come from and where we’re going
• The Exchange is an opportunity to gain new skills, while networking and sharing with fellow Teaching Artists
Upon successful completion, participants are encouraged to apply for employment with HeART with LINES. Teaching Artists of any race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Tuition: $250. Registration on MindBody; space is limited. Remote participation is available. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography: LINES’ Community Programs | HeART with LINES | © Victor Talledos