JUNE 6–7, 2024
Study the HeART with LINES Curriculum, a movement-centered approach to integrated learning that encourages play, diversity and artistry in the everyday experience of students. This year, we are drawing on our theme of What ARE We Teaching? Building a Better Future for Dance and Dancers.
Ideal for dance artists, recent graduates, and practicing teaching artists seeking to expand their skills, the Summer Dance Teaching Artist Exchange will focus on best practices for teaching academically integrated dance to Pre-K through 12th grade students in school and recreational settings. The Exchange is an opportunity to gain new skills while networking and sharing with fellow Teaching Artists.
The Exchange Experience includes:
• Grade-level workshops co-led by HeART with LINES faculty
• Exchange with Alonzo King and LINES Dancers
• Movement classes taught by the world-renowned LINES Dance Center faculty and guest artists
Special Sessions include:
• Identifying Neurodiversity in the Dance Classroom
• Co-Teaching: Empowering the Teacher and the Student
• Ballet in Schools and Recreational Settings
• Discussion with invited guest panelists on this year’s theme: What ARE We Teaching? Building a Better Future for Dance and Dancers
Upon successful completion, participants are encouraged to apply for employment with HeART with LINES. Teaching Artists of any race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Complete 2024 schedule available soon. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.